I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Melissy Goose over at www.melissygoose.blogspot.com. YAY!!! I’m fairly new to blogging so when I read up on what the Liebster Award actually is I thought “This is COOL”. I read that the Liebster award was started to recognize and/or discover new bloggers.
There are a few variations on what the rules are…I’m going to give you the rules that I was given:
- Post 11 facts about you.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
11bloggers with blogs that have under 200 followers (I broke that rule and made it 6 ;-))
- Link your nominees to the post.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees chosen know they have been tagged.
I think this is a really cool way to network and to help boost readership.
Here are 11 facts about me…
- I am a Scorpio. All personality traits of a Scorpio are 100%. I think that is pretty cool since I was born during the 7th month of my Mom’s pregnancy and she had to have an emergency c-section. Had she not gotten ill I would have been Capricorn or Aquarius.
- I love to iron. Out of all household chores. Ironing is my favorite. I find it peaceful.
- I am a caffeine addict…tea, coffee, soda…must have some form of it once a day
- I have ten tattoos.
- I go through weird food phases. I will get a taste or a craving for something and have to have it at least once a day or I go crazy. Right now it’s Cheez-It’s 🙂
- At work I display OCD tendencies at my desk but when I get home my apartment can look like an episode of Hoarders if I am not careful.
- I love the scent of a freshly sharpened pencil…wooden pencil. It reminds me of grade school.
- I’m an avid cat lover.
- I’m a list writer. If I have task I need to do- I write them down. Going shopping (food, clothing, drugstore items) they go on a list too.
- I am deathly afraid of the water…as in oceans and pools- YES pools. I don’t know how to swim and thanks to a traumatic experience as a kid while at day camp…I’m lucky if I allow my toes to get wet.
- YET…I have a dream of owning a beach house…because I love the sound of the waves and the smell of the salt 🙂
Now Melissy’s questions
- Tell me one thing about you not many people would know.- I have a horseshoe shaped kidney. Most kidney’s are on either side of your body. Mine were fused together while I was in the womb causing the shape. I haven’t had any adverse effect because of it.
- Who/What inspired your blog? – My Mom. She encouraged me to write in journals growing up. After she died I wanted to find a new way to express myself…and blogging was born.
- What is your favorite leisurely activity?- Does napping count? LOL, if not I would say listening to music. I get enjoyment from the tunes and my mind can be creative as I make up cool video scenes…as if I was the star or director.
- What was your favorite vacation spot and/or dream vacation spot?- Anyplace warm year round…lots of SUN and warm temps.
- Tell me 3 items on your bucket list.- Publish a novel, visit Japan, learn how to drive.
- If you could only have 1 makeup product for the rest of your life, what would it be?- Blush, I feel naked without blush and plain.
- Who has inspired you in some way and how?- My sister. She is 5 years older and growing up I always saw her as someone that had a solid plan for the future. She has been my rock. When our Mom died she selflessly did all the things I could not.
- Top 5 places you love to buy clothes from.- H&M, Old Navy, Forever 21, The Limited, Express
- Top 5 makeup brands you love.- Milani, Revlon, L’Oreal, Benefit, Maybelline
- Which do you prefer: Heels, Flats, Converse, or Flip Flops (or other).- Flats
- Who would you cast to play you in a movie about your life?- Eve
- Une Femme,Une Fille
- Cocktails and Fairytales
- Misfit’s Life
- Rantings of a Blogger Chick
My Questions 🙂
- Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity?
- Favorite food?
- When you were a little kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Click open your music playlist, hit shuffle and list the first 3 songs.
- Are you a cat or dog person?
- Favorite time of day (i.e. dawn, late afternoon, etc)?
- Do you live in a big city or a small town?
- Favorite piece of clothing?
- Favorite game you played as a child?
- Name 3 favorite tv shows (or books if TV isn’t your thing)?
- Why did you start your blog?
*Some bloggers decide to not participate. I was nominated on Sep 1 and it literally has taken me all week to do be able to do this. It is time consuming, but I had fun. If you decide to do(I hope you do), please comment and let me know ;-)*
Until next time,